Our indigenous garden with paths, bridges, rockeries, fynbos, ponds and numerous benches is the idyllic place to relax and unwind. One of a kind hanging gardens, sculptures and planter shelves add to the overall effect of living art. A private walking trail winds down through the indigenous forest before crossing our suspension bridge over the stream at the bottom of the valley. Our forest is home to plenty of wildlife including porcupines, bush buck, wild pigs, monkeys, baboons, spotted genet, caracal and honey badgers as well as incredible bird life including the iconic Knysna Turaco. Sunbirds, Hoepoes and various water birds also frequent the gardens throughout the year.
- Private forest walking trail on the property
- Children’s playground area with playhouse, trampoline, slide, swings, bridges and sandpit
- Beautiful gardens for exploring and bird watching or just relax and read a book on one of the many garden benches
- Communal barbeque area and fire pit overlooking the pond
- Excellent location for cycling, hiking, horse riding and trail running
- Just 10 minutes to the National Parks and Buffalo Bay beaches
- Village shop within walking distance for locally produced products including free range eggs, organic honey and even a small butchery
- Country style restaurants and garden cafes close by for everything from freshly baked bread to Sunday Buffet lunches
Ideally located on the picturesque Rheenendal Road, a quiet and beautiful farming area with magnificent mountain vistas, indigenous forest and rich in history, close to the National Parks and spectacular beaches and just 15 minutes from the centre of Knysna.