We offer our Woodlands guests a peaceful setting where you can truly rejuvenate your senses. Our indigenous garden with its paths, bridges, rockeries, fynbos, ponds and numerous benches is the idyllic place to relax and unwind. One of a kind hanging gardens, sculptures and planter shelves add to the overall effect of living art. A private walking trail winds down through the indigenous forest before crossing our suspension bridge over the stream at the bottom of the valley. There is even a chance of encountering wildlife along the way be it porcupines, bush buck, monkeys or the iconic Knysna Turaco. Sunbirds, Hoepoes and various water birds frequent the gardens throughout the year.
Places to visit and things to enjoy during your stay:
- Private forest walking trail on the property.
- Children’s playground area with playhouse, trampoline, slide, swings, bridges and sandpit.
- Beautiful gardens for exploring and bird watching or just relax and read a book on one of the many garden benches.
- Communal barbeque area and fire pit overlooking the front pond.
- Excellent location for cycling, hiking, horse riding and trail running.
- Just 10 minutes to the National Parks and Buffalo Bay beaches.
- Village shop within walking distance for locally produced basics including free range eggs, organic honey and lamb chops.
- Country style restaurants and garden cafes close by for everything from freshly baked bread to Sunday Buffet lunches.
Ideally located on the picturesque Rheenendal Ramble, an area rich in history and with no shortage of activities, restaurants and tea gardens, just 15 minutes from the centre of Knysna.
Please see the Rheenendal Ramble website for more information: