Woodlands Self Catering offers guests a peaceful setting where they can truly rejuvenate their senses. The indigenous garden with its paths, rockeries, fynbos, duck pond and numerous benches is a beautiful and unique place to relax. One of a kind hanging gardens, sculptures and planter shelves add to the overall effect of living art. A private walking trail winds down through the indigenous forest before crossing the little rocky stream at the bottom of the valley. There is every chance of encountering wildlife along the way be it porcupines, bush buck, monkeys or the iconic Knysna Turaco. Sunbirds, Hoepoes and various water birds frequent the gardens throughout the year.
Places to visit and things to enjoy during your stay:
- Private forest walking trail on the property which winds through the indigenous forest and across a little stream at the bottom of the valley.
- Beautiful gardens for exploring and bird watching or just relax and read a book on one of the many garden benches.
- Communal barbeque area and fire pit overlooking the duck pond.
- Excellent location for cycling, hiking, horse riding and trail running.
- Just 10 minutes to the National Parks and Buffalo Bay beaches.
- Village shop within walking distance for locally produced basics including free range eggs, organic honey and lamb chops.
- Country style restaurants and garden cafes close by for everything from freshly baked bread to Sunday Buffet lunches.
Ideally located on the picturesque Rheenendal Ramble, an area rich in history and with no shortage of activities, restaurants and tea gardens, just 15 minutes from Knysna.
Please see the Rheenendal Ramble website for more information: